The Oracle of Divine Light
Hello!

Welcome to The Oracle!

TO CONTACT US: Send a private message to Jas DelaLuna, OR Email us at dr_horror@live.com OR click the "contact" link at the very bottom of the webpage.

Archangel Metatron

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Archangel Metatron

Post  Godsmack on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:27 am

I decided to do some research on Metatron, since he seems to be the most fascinating angel because the fact that so little is known about him and that he is considered so powerful.

He is Judaic in origin. The meaning of his name is still unknown since his name is 'made up' in the sense that it is not derived from another word. Many say his name means "One who occupies the throne next to the throne of glory". Some also say his name means to 'guard and protect'. It is also said that to have a 'name like the Master' (Shaddai, which I believe is one of the many names of God).

Some speculate as to how he came to be. Some people say that he was created by God at the beginning of time. Others, however, believe that he was Enoch and was later made into an angel.

Metatron has many duties in heaven. He is the Supreme Scribe who writes all things that happen in heaven. He is also the Supreme Angel of Death as God tells him which souls have to be taken. Yet another duty he has is communicating all God's wishes to the angels Gabriel and Sammael. Metatron is the direct link between the Divine and Humanity.

One thing that really intrigued me as I read up on him was the fact that he was sometimes equated to Hermes and Thoth.(Hermes came to me in a meditation and he is also equated to Thoth) Thoth was the Supreme Scribe in the Egyptian pantheon. Here we clearly see the relation between Metatron and Thoth. Hermes was a psychopomp; he was in charge of guiding the souls of the dead to the afterlife. Here we also see the relation between Metatron and Hermes.

Metatron helps in these aspects:
-Balancing Masculine and Feminine Energies
-Balancing Material and Spiritual Pursuits
-Balancing Karmic Issues
-Bringing Peace and Understanding to Your Life (Past and Current Incarnations)
-Promoting Better and More Fulfilling Relationships

Here is an example of an Invocation for those who wish to call upon him:
"Archangel Metatron, wise counselor and genuine friend of humanity,
I speak to you now to forge a connection with you,
A connection I hope to make stronger with each passing day.
I hope to know you better.
I hope to open my eyes, ears, and heart to your knowledge and wisdom.
I hope, with your help, to become the person I am meant to be.
Please know that it is my sincere desire to be of service to God and humanity as I forge this connection,
And help me to understand how I may best serve God’s plan.
Thank you and bless you. And so it is, amen."

Metatron is just as available to us as all other angels. He is here to help us, as all other angels. Do not be afraid to call upon him for any reason. He will help you in all situations, big or small.
Godsmack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Archangel Metatron

Post  Xsymirenightx95 on Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Thank you for posting and researching him:)
Love,
Samantha Lynn(Adwin)
Xsymirenightx95
Student
Student

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna on Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:16 pm

Didnt know that some angels were as cool as my demons Twisted Evil lol. Great article baby
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

View user profile http://the-oracle.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsmack on Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:44 am

Lol. I love Archangel Metatron :] He's an epic meal covered in epic sauce xD
Seriously, though, he's a great angel to work with. One of my favorites to work with, as a matter of fact. Very Happy
Godsmack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top