The Oracle of Divine Light
Hello!

Welcome to The Oracle!

TO CONTACT US: Send a private message to Jas DelaLuna, OR Email us at dr_horror@live.com OR click the "contact" link at the very bottom of the webpage.

Experiencing Divinity, Part Two: Pagan Music Workshop

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Experiencing Divinity, Part Two: Pagan Music Workshop

Post  witchx on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:42 am

Sometimes, it takes communication of a higher vibration to understand the nature of paganism. These songs may have "pagan" lyrics, or use organic or tribal "pagan" sounds. As amazing as that is, its not the same as FEELING paganism, understanding it intimately, and so these songs will help you. The trick isn't in just understanding the lyrics and sounds, but finding SPIRIT within them. Its an essence its all the vocals and instruments combines and the artist completely losing themselves. If you can share that feeling with them, you will more intimately know paganism. You'll see how its not a religion , but its spirituality in general, its energy, its the Earth.

THE TASK: In addition to listening the song (remember to FEEL it) and watching the video, you will write a review. Try to explain how you experienced Spirit in the song. Every time you write a review for this workshop, you earn 50 points (that's 20 points more than the other workshops!)

Pick any song you wish, posting order doesn't matter, all of them are available, and as many as you want.

Song 1: Florence & the Machine - Cosmic Love

Song 2: Sully Erna - 7 Years

Song 3: Evanescence - Good Enough

Song 4: Florence & the Machine - What the Water Gave Me

Song 5: Florence & the Machine - Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)

Song 6: Florence & the Machine - Leave My Body

Song 7: Florence & the Machine - Shake It Out

Song 8: Tool - Aenemia

Song 9: Tool - Fortysix & 2 (video important for reviewing this song)

Song 10: Deftones feat. Maynard James Keenan - Passenger

Song 11: Enya - Paint the Sky with Stars

Song 12: Emiliana Torrini - White Rabbit

Song 13: Yoav feat. Emily Browning - Where Is My Mind?

Song 14: Radiohead - Lotus Flower

Song 15: Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

Song 16: Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
*note AC/DC's "Highway to Hell" title can also be compared this title. Music is all about metaphors.

Song 17: Enya - Caribbean Blue

Song 18: Enya - Fairytale

Last edited by witchx on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 pm; edited 3 times in total

I love you, Lucielle Diamond. You are Mommy's heart and soul. You are and will always be the diamond in my sky. You are the air I breathe and the true meaning of my Universe. Mommy will always put you first and guide you into being your own beautiful soul <3

Moderator of: Meditation; Visions, Dreams, & Psychic Topics; Sacred Space; Divinus Journals; & (Pagan) Music Workshop
witchx
Elder Goddess
Elder Goddess

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/kms420?ref=tn_tnmn

Back to top Go down

Maintaing Workshop Upkeep

Post  witchx on Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:46 am

In order to be clear that I, Kylie/witchx, am in charge of this workshop, I re-did the original topic under my account and tweaked very little in the introduction to sort of clean up a bit. I also have recently deleted ALL prior reviews of these songs so that we are not tempted to use another person's view too heavily within our own reviews. The previous posts have been copied and saved, and are stored safely. It is important to have a tidy workshop so posts and reviews aren't too commonly overlooked and unnoticed. We of DLL all of course have perfect love and perfect trust, and it is on your honor to be completely pure and sincere when participating in these workshops. Anyone can search and find the most "correct" answer, but that is far too impersonal and is not what we are aiming for.

I love you, Lucielle Diamond. You are Mommy's heart and soul. You are and will always be the diamond in my sky. You are the air I breathe and the true meaning of my Universe. Mommy will always put you first and guide you into being your own beautiful soul <3

Moderator of: Meditation; Visions, Dreams, & Psychic Topics; Sacred Space; Divinus Journals; & (Pagan) Music Workshop
witchx
Elder Goddess
Elder Goddess

Back to top Go down

Re: Experiencing Divinity, Part Two: Pagan Music Workshop

Post  Jas DelaLuna on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:18 pm

I agree entirely. It looks really nice in here, Kylie Smile I like it better tidied up like this.

Divinus Lux Lucis Founder and Elder
The Oracle Forums Founder and Administrator

Moderator of:
Visions, Dreams, and Psychic Topics
Deities, Angels, and Demons
Tarot Workshop
Sexual Topics (ask about this forum)
Dark Paganism (ask about this forum)

Just click on the board to visit!

Don't hesitate to send me a PM if you need help with anything!
Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

View user profile http://the-oracle.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  witchx on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:34 am

Thank you! Very Happy Its a little bit easier to read now, and I added the bands' names onto the link. I'm really excited to have new dedicants Smile

witchx
Elder Goddess
Elder Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsmack on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:21 pm

Deftones feat. Maynard James Keenan - Passenger

This song had an eeriness to it that made it seem like it belonged in a horror flick. I loved the hard rock sound that came through. The strong grungy guitar, the bass line and percussion were what really made this song for me. Personally, I really would have loved that sound to be consistent; it's that sound that made me fall in love with Rock music. However, the switch up between mellow and hard rock was what gave this song its uniqueness. The lyrics were deep. What I found great about them was how emotions, feelings and events were being described through a driving car, something so mundane and that we are all familiar with. Overall, a good song.

Blessed Be.

Moderator of: Basics; General Topics; Meditation; Deities, Angels and Demons; Creativity Workshop
Godsmack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:13 pm

Deftones feat. Maynard James Keenan - Passenger

First of all, without trying to steal anything from Godsmack's review, I too first got the impression of a horror movie from the opening music. Also, throughout the rest of the song, there is a hint of darkness, even more so in the music itself than in the lyrics.

As far as connecting this song to Divinity, as per instructions of the workshop, I feel that the Divinity expressed in this song is most accurately captured by the lyrics
"I'm your passenger"
. I do not feel as though the artist is speaking to another human being when he says this, as there is no indication in the rest of the song of another individual or any lyrics that suggest a human relationship of any kind. This leads me to believe that he is speaking of being a passenger of Divinity. Not just Divinity, but Divinity expressed as life itself and experiences. You can hear him almost pleading to the Divine:
"Here I lay just like always
Don't let me
Go take me to the edge"

The artist expresses a need of fulfillment, to experience life instead of just being an idle bystander:
"Here I lay
Still and breathless
Just like always
Still I want some more"
And once again, he expresses a clear desire for the thrill of living:
"Take me around again
Just don't pull over
This time wont you please drive faster

Roll the windows down
This cool night air is curious
Let the whole world look in
Who cares who sees what tonight
Roll these misty windows down
To catch my breath again
And then go and go and go just drive me home
Then back again"

Moderator of:
Tarot Workshop

Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Post  witchx on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:09 pm

Both very good reviews! Great job, guys!

As you all described the intro as being something that would be found in a horror movie, which is definitely true. Considering how spiritually well-rounded the both of you are, I'm sure you've experienced the "crashing" type sounds that you hear when you are actually achieving an astral projection. To me, the beginning of this song sounds like something one would hear when their esoteric self is detaching itself from the physical body. The almost "static" type of sound, and just the way it sounds all together is quite similar to things I've heard while projecting. Also, as Jas DelaLuna mentioned, I agree that the artist(s) are metaphorically speaking about being in a vehicle. He is truly speaking about life and the Divine. It's interesting and meaningful to me personally because often times when I am feeling particularly enlightened, I have compared life to driving. When he mentions being "pulled over" I think of possibly a life-threatening or even fatal occurrence. Metaphorically speaking, life is full of twists and turns, road blocks, construction, "speed" limits, etc. It is a VERY metaphorical song, as most are.

Once again, great job! ^-^

witchx
Elder Goddess
Elder Goddess

Back to top Go down

Cosmic Love-Florence + The Machine

Post  Jas DelaLuna on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:36 pm

Cosmic Love-Florence + The Machine

Observation: The light bulb and orbs of light at the beginning of the song arent just flickering, they are pulsing like a heartbeat. You can even here the rhythm of a heart in time with the flickering.

First Id like to say, I recommend listening to this song with head phones, volume raised, and the video put on full screen. Watch the video as you listen. And dont be distracted by other things/ multitasking. Just listen and watch. I say this because, thats how I listened for this review, and I got chills all over my body. All through me. I highly recommend you try this, even if you've listened to this song before. Smile

Second, This song is from Lungs, the bands first album. In my opinion it may be one of the best songs the band has ever released. The song flows like a story. By this I mean it has a clear story with logical plot development from beginning to end.

Third, this song is not as happy/romantic as it sounds. If you pay close attention to the lyrics, you will see that she is singing about something painful. She is not in a fairytale romance, but quite the opposite.
The stars, the moon, they have all been blown out
You left me in the dark
No dawn, no day, I'm always in this twilight
In the shadow of your heart
This stanza in particular makes it quite obvious that she is in a state of darkness, pain, sadness.

These feelings are the result of her unfortunate but powerful love of another, I will refer to this unnamed person as the Lover. The song opens with her telling us about her powerful love for the Lover.
A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes
However, this love is so consuming to her, that it is harmful to her. It hurts her, as evidenced by the next line that follows the line quoted above:
I screamed aloud, as it tore through them, and now it's left me blind

This love seems plagued with trouble and pain. It puts her in a place of numbness and darkness:
I tried to find the sound
But then it stopped, and I was in the darkness
The reason why she stays in this relationship though, is that she knows that although she is in a state of darkness, she believes it is worth it, to feel the Lover's love:
And in the dark, I can hear your heartbeat

Eventually, she makes the decision to try to find her way out of the darkness. She has hope. However, she has the sudden realization that she is not alone. The Lover is in pain, they are in the darkness together. At this realization, she decides that she doesnt need to try to find her way back into his heart, because he is already there with her. She decides to stay in that dark place, for the sake of being close to the Lover.
I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map
And knew that somehow I could find my way back
Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you
However, this isnt surprising, as she had already realized that the darkness is a part of her now. She is the darkness, and so is he. In the darkness they are one.
...darkness I became

A tragic love, so powerful and dark it blocks the light of even the cosmos. Thats what t
his song is about.

Moderator of:
Tarot Workshop

Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Post  witchx on Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:42 pm

I loved your review! This is one of my favorite songs by Florence and the Machine. You know the love is true when someone is willing to stay in the darkness just to be close to you. This song represents to me the true definition of soul-mates.

witchx
Elder Goddess
Elder Goddess

Back to top Go down

Post  Jas DelaLuna on Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Its an excellent song ^_^ Probably one of my favorites too

Moderator of:
Tarot Workshop

Jas DelaLuna
Elder God
Elder God

Back to top Go down

Post  Godsmack on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:14 pm

7 Years by Sully Erna, lead singer of Godsmack.

This song is most likely one of my most favorite songs. Every time I listen to it, it touches my soul like no other song can. The album that this song came from, named Avalon, took about 7 years to complete. My guess is that this song is named after that period of time.

The musical composition of this song is absolutely breath-taking. The mixture of all these different instruments is quite remarkable. There is a lot of things Sully touches upon in this song. He talks about unity, separation, and, mostly, about life and its importance. He talks about releasing those things in your life which restrict you and allowing yourself to be immersed in those things which are of importance: Love, Unity, and Peace. The music also has many times where it mellows out and other times where it just builds in force, symbolically representing the highs and lows of life. We all experience those highs and lows in life. Each day is filled with different experiences, feelings, events and occurrences. 7 Years embodies all of this and more.

Blessed Be.

Moderator of: Basics; General Topics; Meditation; Deities, Angels and Demons; Creativity Workshop
Godsmack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top